Thursday, October 11, 2018

Back again...again.

What a journey this has become.  Last blog post was in regards to my transition from private practice to retail in corporate to private consultant.  Funny how things work out.  I went on a journey of a lifetime, learned a huge amount and took a bit of a left turn, and have settled nicely.  I attempted to start up a business as an independent nurse practitioner.  I learned about functional medicine, IV hydration, anti-aging treatments and the harsh reality of business.  I made friends, unveiled fake friends, and networked my butt off.

In this state of Florida it is tricky becoming a nurse entrepreneur.  First of all, Medicare doesn’t recognize you as an independent provider.  Once you have finally completed all the hoops to jump through to get paid by Medicare you only get 80%.  Secondly, collaborating physicians can charge you as much as they want.  Rent is expensive.  Products are expensive.  Advertising is a mystery. Oh, and liability insurance is expensive.  Investors are plentiful, but they want high percentages and it leaves you with little profit.  Hats off to those who have over come!

I, on the other hand, put on the brakes, put it in reverse and changed directions.  With all the training that I was getting in aesthetics, I decided two work for a business that was already established.  I am again an independent contractor and I think this is where I like to be.  There are places for everyone and thank goodness for that.  So, now I am an aesthetic nurse practitioner. I am committed to blogging about aesthetics in this world of mine.  Continue to follow me and stay tuned for my new series of posts in the aesthetic industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment